An Effective Solution To Cockroach Control For Meridian Homes
December 15, 2021
Your Meridian home is your castle. Keeping your home clean and organized is a labor of love, as you and your family have a great deal invested in it. That's why a cockroach sighting is the last thing you want. Having cockroaches in your Meridian home could cause some serious health problems for you and your family, so you can't be passive and allow an infestation to happen. Learn about the two main cockroach species native to Meridian and how Sawtooth Pest Control can be your professional cockroach remedy in getting these dirty bugs out of your beautiful home.
What Cockroaches Look Like In Meridian
Cockroaches in Meridian are scavengers that have an oval-shaped body, long antennae, and six spiny covered legs. Most species have wings, though the majority of them cannot fly. There are two species that are particularly common to the Meridian area: the brown-banded cockroach and the American cockroach.
- Brown-banded cockroaches are a small species of cockroach, measuring about 1/3 to 1/2 inch in length. They are tan to light brown and have two light-colored bands across the wings and abdomen. Adult males of this species have fully-developed wings and will actually fly when disturbed.
- American cockroaches are large and reddish-brown, with a pale, yellow figure-eight mark right behind the head. Adults range between 1 ¼ to 2 1/8 inches in length. Both males and females have wings and can fly short distances.
Having a Meridian cockroach problem in your home, particularly with these two flying species, can bring on many health hazards. This is one of the main reasons why partnering with a professional cockroach pest control expert is the wisest choice in dealing with them.
Why Roaches Are So Dangerous To Have In Your Meridian Home
Cockroaches love spending their time in filthy areas, like garbage bins, drains, sewers, and toilets. Because they spend their time in these places, they tend to pick up bacteria and pathogens which they can carry into your Meridian home; this can lead to contamination of your food and surfaces, making you and your family ill. Among the diseases these nasty cockroaches are known to spread include:
- Typhoid fever
- E. coli
Cockroach allergens can also cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma attacks, especially in children, so this is yet another reason you do not want them in your Meridian home.
Four Useful Cockroach Prevention Tips For Your Meridian Home
If you find a cockroach in your house, there is a good chance there are many more living in the walls or in the dark, undisturbed areas of your home. It is possible it was just a stray that got carried in, but there are several things you can do to keep these nasty bugs from gaining access to the inside of your home:
- Regularly remove trash from your home and store it in bins with locking lids.
- Seal small cracks in walls as well as gaps near electric sockets and switch plates.
- Install door sweeps and place covers over vents and drains.
- Keep your kitchen as clean and sanitized as possible, free of sticky spills and food debris; make sure to not let dishes pile up.
Cockroaches, like most insects, are also attracted to water, so eliminating areas of moisture, like leaky pipes, dripping faucets, and air conditioners, can possibly help keep cockroaches in Meridian from getting inside.
Why Professional Cockroach Control Is A Great Idea For Meridian Homes
For the best cockroach pest control in Meridian, look no further than Sawtooth Pest Control. We are a family-owned company that cares about the products we use and the customers we serve; we will provide an inspection plan that not only looks into your Meridian cockroach problem, but will provide a professional cockroach remedy that will get them out and keep them out. If you find a cockroach in your house, give us a call to get your free inspection today so you can have the peace of mind that comes with living in a pest-free home.