The Secret To Keeping Ticks Away From Your Meridian Property
October 15, 2022
A tick problem can develop around your home very easily between the months of March and October. During this time, they are looking for hosts to feed off of, and when they do, they can spread pathogens that lead to very hazardous outcomes. There are so many factors that contribute to tick infestations, which is why pest control in Meridian is the most secure answer for treating them.
At Sawtooth Pest Control, we specialize in seasonal tick treatments that eliminate the ticks you face while also creating a barrier against new issues. We hope that you find the following guide helpful in understanding ticks, and if you’re ready to enlist our services, please call us today.
Characteristics Of Common Ticks
Some of the most common ticks in the Meridian area include the American dog tick, deer tick, and Rocky Mountain wood tick. While the exact appearance varies from species to species and amongst genders, the average tick will resemble an apple seed before it’s fed and will be some shade of brown in coloring. Once ticks have ingested a blood meal, they become engorged and their color can change as well. They also have four sets of legs, and the adult male will be the largest, while the nymphs will be quite small. For more information on ticks in Meridian, call Sawtooth Pest Control today.
The Dangerous Diseases Ticks Are Known To Spread
Ticks are one of the most harmful pests in the area because of the potential that they have to spread a variety of illnesses. Local ticks are known to be the source of Lyme disease, tularemia, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, and anaplasmosis, to name a few. Tick bites can have serious implications for humans and pets alike. For these reasons, tick prevention is very important for residents and can be best achieved through some subtle habit changes and professional tick control in Meridian from Sawtooth Pest Control. Call us today for more information.
Five No-Nonsense Tick Prevention Tips For Around Your Property
Ticks are a potentially dangerous pest to have living around your property, but with five straightforward yet effective tips, you don’t have to worry about them.
Try these hints for a tick-free home in Meridian:
- Limit rodents and wildlife. Pests like raccoons and rodents are some of the most common hosts of ticks, which is why it’s important to deter them at all costs. Try storing outdoor trash securely, using decoy animals, and eliminating water sources to keep them away.
- Keep pets protected. If you have cats or dogs that spend time outdoors or play with other pets, consider speaking to your vet about year-round tick and flea control.
- Tidy up the yard. Ticks thrive in tall grass and most harborage sites, so be sure to trim down all greenery and eliminate piles of yard clutter.
- Consider what you plant. There are certain plants that can help to keep ticks away, including garlic, sage, lavender, and mint.
- Bring in professional help. The most reliable way to deter ticks is with help from a trusted pest pro on a seasonal basis.
For more information on tick prevention in Meridian, call Sawtooth Pest Control today.
The Pros To Call For Total Tick Control On Your Property
Rather than leave tick control in Meridian to chance, look no further than Sawtooth Pest Control. We have more than two decades of experience working with homeowners to implement treatments that can completely alleviate all tick pressures. Because we are a locally owned family business, we use only the highest quality products and never do anything that we wouldn’t in our own homes.
During each of your tick control services, we perform detailed property inspections in order to check for breeding sites and contributing factors. All of these services also come with a satisfaction guarantee, so if any ticks appear between visits, simply give us a call and we’ll re-treat your home at no additional charge. For more information on our residential and commercial pest control services in Meridian, call us today.